Friday, August 29, 2008

Weather us all

Yes it is the H season.

Some of my colleagues like to do the storm away dance or positive thinking to try and keep them from coming here.

Hurricane season officially started at the beginning of June, this is the active period as we can all see looking at the weather maps.

I get a lot of inquiries from buyer's who think the whole coast blows away every time a storm comes in within a hundred miles.

Everywhere I have lived (from Canada to Guam to Florida) has their unique extreme weather.

The beauty here I tell people is if the power goes out at least you won't freeze to death.

Knock on wood I have yet to go through a hurricane in the Manatee/Sarasota area. I have been through blizzards, typhoons and tropical storms.

If you are prepared, have the right insurance and don't obsess about it, storm season is just another part of the natural cycle.

To me and a lot of my clients, the sunshine, beaches and warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico far outweigh worrying about a storm.

All the best
Greg Owens PA
Keller Williams Realty of Greater Manatee
941.932.6343
greg@teamworksfla.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home